Do you want more self-confidence? It will be difficult for you to achieve your goals and get what you really want if you are have low self-assurance. You need a high degree of confidence to tackle something that you have never done before. Here are 3 tips to be more confident and get what you want.
When you tackle new things, you push the boundaries of your comfort zone. Too many people stay in their comfort zone for their entire life. Don’t be like this! Change your negative mindset. Try something new and bolster your self-confidence.
1. Deal with Irrational Fear
If you have an irrational fear of public speaking, your subconscious mind will try to protect you from things that you fear. It’ll help you avoid every possible opportunity for you to make a public speech. This kind of fear is illogical and doesn’t help you at all.
What can you do?
- The best way is to tackle irrational fears head on. Just do it anyway despite the pain. You will give your confidence a massive boost.
- Join an organization such Toastmasters. Toastmasters International can help you improve your communication and build leadership skills. Learn the best techniques for public speaking and then put this into practice. You’ll send the right signals to your subconscious and your confidence will increase significantly.
2. Is Your Self Esteem High?
Be honest with yourself here. What do you really think about yourself? Are some things good and some things bad? Do you really love yourself? Do you beat yourself up regularly if you make a mistake or for any other reason?
If you want to be super confident then your self esteem needs to be high. If you have a low opinion of yourself then you need to work on this right now.
What can you do?
- Write down what you think your weaknesses are and then turn these around into positive statements, often called affirmations.
For example, if you think “I’m not good in social situations” turn this into “I’m like a social magnet and always get what I want from social situations”. The reason you need to do this is to create a list of positive affirmations.
- Read your list of positive statements read out loud every morning and evening to boost your confidence and self-esteem.
3. Use a Physical Anchor for Instant Confidence
This is very easy to do and very powerful. Think back to something that you achieved in the past. It needs to be something challenging that you are really proud of. Reflect on how this makes you feel and make the feelings really strong.
When these feelings are at their peak squeeze your thumb and forefinger together to “anchor” the feeling. Now when you need a confidence boost in the future all you need to do is squeeze your thumb and forefinger together.
You now have some easy techniques you can do anytime to increase your self-confidence. Do these regularly and your sense of self-worth and self-esteem will be so much stronger.
Other Blog Posts from The Passion Motivator