People are always searching for happiness. Why? It’s that one elusive part of the whole human puzzle that’s hard to find. Common things like money, a better job, better relationships often form the basis of the search to become happy. To find true joy and contentment, look inside yourself to become your own best friend.
Consider using these 3 Steps to Real Happiness:
1. Embrace an Attitude of Gratitude.
Ask yourself this question: Do you take certain aspects of your life for granted? — such as food and water, your health, time, friends and family, your significant other? The renowned author Aldous Huxley once wrote, “Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.”
- Shift your attitude to see things in a more positive manner. You won’t have to change anything about your external circumstances.
- Happiness is an inside job. Optimistic individuals are thankful for what they have and are content.
- Our mind and body are interdependent. Harmony in the body, mind and soul is the answer to supreme happiness and wellness. Reaching this stasis should be an important goal for every individual.
2. Silence Your Inner Critic
Your inner nay-sayer may be one of the biggest contributors to your self-sabotage. It causes you to get in your own way. You avoid the things that could ultimately propel you forward toward living your best life. Here are a few things you can do to become more positive and happier:
- Lift yourself up – don’t put yourself down. No one can change for the better when filled with negative thoughts. The more positively you treat yourself, the happier you will be.
- Give yourself definite rewards. You’re in charge of you. Don’t expect others to always applaud you. If the expected compliment does not materialize, you may become bitter. Are you proud of what you’ve done? savor that satisfaction. Feel the positive happiness!!
Enjoy your successes. Get busy. You may not be ready to confront your negative self-talk directly, but you can take steps toward the things you desire. The smallest actions will give you confidence and fuel your motivation.
3. Be Practical About Attaining Your Goals
- Create specific goals to work toward when building your best life. Make it a daily goal to appreciate everything and everyone that makes you thankful.
- Set some goals and begin to implement them. You may need to break them down into particular areas of your life.
- Separate your goals into categories of personal, career, financial, leisure, and more. Use whatever categorization makes sense for you and your goals. Breaking things down in this way gives you a clearer picture in order to create a more specific vision of your best life.
Remember: “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things” (Albert Einstein)
Other Blog Posts from The Passion Motivator